Currently, I am a Postdoc at the Spoken Language Systems group in Saarland University working with Dietrich Klakow. I work in the general area of Deep/Representation learning applied to Natural Language Processing for integration of external real-world/common-sense knowledge (e.g., vision and knowledge graphs) into language models.
Previously, I was a Research Associate and PhD candidate at the Web Science group in Karlsruhe Insitute of Technology and worked on Multi-View Representation Learning for integration of languages, semantic knowledge and vision under the guidance of Achim Rettinger and York Sure-Vetter. During the course of my PhD I was also a visiting scholar for a short time at the Computational Media Lab in Australian National University and worked with Lexing Xie.
My recent research work focus broadly on Deep/Representation Learning and its extensions such as Multi-view, Multi-task applied to Multimodal and Multilingual problems. Several areas of recent work include:
- Learning cross-linguistic regularities with bilingual word distributed representations.
- Learning a common space of language and vision for cross-modal retrieval and generation.
- Discovering semantically enriched labels for the noisy multimodal data.
- PC Member: SIGIR (short papers) [2016, 2017], ESWC (Demos & Posters) [2016,2017]
- Reviewer: ACM Transactions on Social Computing (TSC) , ACM Hypertext , ISWC , Web Intelligence 
- Additional Reviewer: ISWC , ESWC , German Conference on AI 
- Additional Editor: Dagstuhl Seminar 15201