I was a Postdoc in the Spoken Language Systems group at Saarland University and collaborated with Dietrich Klakow. I worked in the general area of Deep/Representation learning applied to Natural Language Processing for the integration of external real-world/common-sense knowledge (e.g., vision and knowledge graphs) into language models.
Before that, I was a Research Associate and PhD candidate at the Web Science group in Karlsruhe Insitute of Technology and worked on Multi-View Representation Learning for integration of languages, relational knowledge and vision under the guidance of Achim Rettinger and York Sure-Vetter. During my PhD I was also a visiting scholar at the Computational Media Lab in Australian National University and worked with Lexing Xie.
I have received my B.Tech and M.S. (Research) in Computer Science Engineering from IIIT Hyderabad and have worked as Software Engineer at IBM India Software Labs, Bangalore.
My recent research work focused broadly on Deep/Representation Learning and its extensions such as Multi-view, Multi-task applied to Multimodal and Multilingual problems. Several areas of recent work include:
- Manipulating images using natural language.
- Modeling images as scene graphs for conditional textual sequence generation.
- Integrating factual knowledge into image description generation models.
- Learning cross-linguistic regularities with bilingual word distributed representations.
- Learning a common space of language and vision for cross-modal retrieval.
- Discovering semantically enriched labels for the noisy multimodal data.
- Co-organizer of the Third LANTERN Workshop co-located with EACL 2021
- Co-organizer of the Second LANTERN Workshop co-located with COLING 2020
- Co-organizer of the First LANTERN Workshop co-located with EMNLP-IJCNLP 2019
- Co-organizer of the First KGRL Workshop co-located with ECML PKDD 2019
- PC Member
- (ACL, ESWC) 
- (ACL, NAACL, EACL, ESWC, ICON) 
- (IJCAI, EMNLP, AACL-IJCNLP, ACL, ICON) ,
- (NAACL, The How2 Challenge-ICML Workshop, ISWC, ESWC, ICON) 
- (SIGIR, ESWC) 
- (SIGIR) 
- Frontiers in Artificial Intelligence 
- (ACM Transactions on Social Computing (TSC), ACM Hypertext, ISWC )
- Web Intelligence 
- Additional Reviewer
- ISWC 
- (ESWC, German Conference on AI)
- Additional Editor
- Dagstuhl Seminar 15201